Are you Graduation in December?

Congratulations! We know that is has been a long journey, and we are very proud to have been a part of it. As a graduating resident, you will need to move out of your residence hall by Wednesday December 21 at 10:00am. This policy applies to all students completing their academic programs including graduate and health care professional students.  

Also all graduating residents will need to fill out the Housing Notification of Graduation Form by Monday November 21 at 5:00pm.  A confirmation will be sent in late November. Please keep a copy for your records. Residents who do not submit this form on time will automatically forfeit any housing credits.

  • Graduating residents with 12-month contracts who move by December 21, 2016 will receive a credit on their student account for the remainder of their fall semester housing charges (December 21 – January 31, 2017). You may move out earlier than December 21, 2016, but your reimbursement will be calculated as of December 21, 2016.  

  • Graduating residents with 9-month contracts will need to move by Wednesday December 21 at 10:00am. However due to the 9-month contract these residents will not receive a credit. 

When will the Housing credit be applied to my student account?

After your cancellation notice has been received, Residential Life and Housing (RLH) will process your credit in early January 2017. If you are eligible for a housing reimbursement, a credit in that amount will be posted to your VCU student account by late January 2017. To receive a monetary refund of that credit, contact the VCU Student Accounting Office directly at (804) 828-2228 or email for specific procedures.    


Students withdrawing or transfering from the Spring 2017 semster

We are sorry you will not be with us for the spring semester. Since you will no longer be a VCU student, you will need to move out of your residence hall by Wednesday December 21 at 10:00am, even if you are currently living in Ackell Residence Center, Broad & Belvidere, Grace & Broad, West Grace North or West Grace South. Please note that residents withdrawing or transferring mid-year are not eligible for a housing reimbursement credit.  

Also all withdrawing and transferring residents will need to fill out the Request to Cancel 2016-17 Housing Contract form by Monday November 21 at 5:00pm. This form can be delivered in person to the Central Housing Office, located at 301 West Cary Street, between Monday — Friday, 8:00am — 5:00pm; faxed to (804) 828-2466; or scanned and emailed to   


Move-out Procedures

No matter if you are graduating, transfer, or withdrawing you will need to check out of your space. Please be sure to check with your hall office regarding proper move-out procedures, including how to return your room keys. If you fail to return your keys, you will be billed for a lock change. You are also required to leave your room clean and orderly; otherwise, you will be charged an improper checkout or housekeeping fee. 



If you have any questions, please stop by your area Housing Office or call the Central Housing Office at (804) 828-7666.