Do Students Need Renters Insurance?

Some homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover residence hall belongings. We encourage students to check their policy and/or consider purchasing renters insurance for coverage. 

One option to protect your property is GradGuard Renters Insurance. GradGuard is specifically designed for students. For about $11 a month the plan will include the following:

  • Theft & Fire Protection. For your laptop, bicycle, cell phone, etc.
  • Homeowners Insurance Alternative. No credit checks and a lower deductible.
  • Worldwide Coverage. Your belongings are covered anywhere in the world.
  • Liability Protection. Coverage if you accidentally damage your place of residence.
  • Replacement Cost. If your old property is stolen, GradGuard will pay for the new version.
  • Preferred Rates and More!

Help Center