Brandt, Cary & Belvidere, Gladding Residence Center, Honors, Rhoads and West Grace South 9-month Residents
All 9-month Residents need to move out within 24 hours of their last exam or by May 14 at 10 a.m. Failure to depart by May 14 at 10 a.m. may result in a late departure fee.
Ackell, Grace & Broad, West Grace North, West Grace South and Broad & Belvidere 12-month Residents
The 12-Month contract will end July 15 at 10 a.m. Residents may choose to move out at any time during the summer before July 15, 2022. Failure to depart by July 15 at 10 a.m. may result in a late departure fee.
All residents must check-out and complete the following before leaving:
- Remove all personal belongings from the unit to avoid fees (see below). Check the closets, wardrobes, drawers, cabinets, fridges, and under/behind furniture.
- Dispose of all trash.
- Remove all tape, staples, thumbtacks, etc., from walls, ceilings, floor and furniture.
- Reassemble VCU provided furniture (i.e. bed).
- Close/lock windows and blinds.
- Set the thermostat to 72 degrees and on “Auto” if applicable.
- Close and lock the door(s).
- Return your key by completing an express check-out envelope; seal the keys inside or indicate the keys were lost and leave them in the designated bin in your hall lobby.
Students may be charged for the removal, transport, and storage of any lost or abandoned items reasonably determined to belong to them:
- Charge per box under 25 pounds: $50
- Charge per box over 25 pounds: $75
- Charge per refrigerator, microwave, or TV: $100
Residents Returning to their Space for 2022-2023
Residents returning to Ackell, Broad & Belvidere, Grace & Broad, and West Grace North will need to temporarily vacate their assigned apartment and remove all of their belongings from their on-campus apartment by 10 a.m. on July 15. Residents may return to their apartment starting at 10 a.m. on August 8. For more information, refer to the email from firstname.lastname@example.org on March 21 or visit the relocation update at blogs.vcu.edu/housing.
Mail services end on the close of your housing contract. Do not forget to check your mailbox one final time prior to your departure from campus. For more information regarding the May and July mailroom closing, please check out the mailroom webpage.
Fall 2022 Move-In Dates
12-Month Residence Hall Move-in
(Ackell Residence Center, Broad & Belvidere, Grace & Broad, West Grace North)
Monday, August 8 - Sunday, August 21, 2022
RAM CAMP Move-in
(For those attending RAMP CAMP in Gladding Residence Center)
Monday, August 15, 2022
9-Month Residence Hall Move-in
(Gladding Residence Center, Gladding Residence Center III, Honors, Roads, Brandt, West Grace South, Cary & Belvidere)
Thursday, August 18, 2022: Move-In Day 1
Friday, August 19, 2022: Move-In Day 2
Saturday, August 20, 2022: Move-In Day 3
Stay tuned for additional Fall 2022 move-in information.