Maintenance Request

From time to time, items break in residence hall rooms. From burned out light bulbs and squeaky door hinges to dripping faucets and faulty HVAC units, VCU Residential Life & Housing and Facilities Management are dedicated to quickly solving your issue so you can get back to living your normal day to day life. You can alert Maintenance to any issues in your residence hall space by following the below instructions:

For residents in Ackell, Brandt, Broad & Belvidere, Grace & Broad, West Grace South, West Grace North, Honors, Johnson, Rhoads, Gladding Residence Center III and Cary & Belvidere

  • Visit
  • Sign in using an eID and password.
  • Click on “New Request”
  • Fill in all appropriate information listed, making sure that you include a room number with letter, the exact location, and purpose of
  • the work order in the problem details box.
  • Once complete click “Save.” An email will be sent with
  • confirmation of the request.
  • To check the status of request, log into and click work order history.

For residents in Gladding Residence Center

All work orders for Gladding Residence Center will need to be submitted to First time users will need to register by following the instructions below. 

  • To start the process, visit to
  • From the home page, residents should enter their first name, last name, email address and click on “Register” to sign up
  • Complete the information — including establishing a password
  • Once the form is complete, click “Register”

After a resident is registered, all they will need to do to fill out a work order is visit, enter their first and last name, registered email, date of birth and Student ID (V#). 

What is a maintenance emergency?

When a repair is needed immediately to protect the safety of students or the facility, call (804) 828-9444 to report the issue and receive immediate assistance. Emergencies may include active leaks or water running where it shouldn’t; climate control issues, particularly on very hot or very cold days/nights; power outages; broken keys/locks; or broken windows. 

Help Center