From time to time, items break in residence hall rooms. From burned out light bulbs and squeaky door hinges to dripping faucets and faulty HVAC units, VCU Residential Life & Housing and Facilities Management are dedicated to quickly solving your issue so you can get back to living your normal day to day life. You can alert Maintenance to any issues in your residence hall space by following the below instructions:
For residents in Ackell, Brandt, Broad & Belvidere, Grace & Broad, West Grace South, West Grace North, Honors, Johnson, Rhoads, Gladding Residence Center III and Cary & Belvidere
- LOGIN to https://quikfm.vcu.edu/
- Select "For students" to proceed. Sign in using your eID and password
- Click on "New Work Order"
- Fill in all appropriate information listed in the pop up box, making sure that you include your room number and letter and the exact location and purpose of the maintenance request in the problem details text box
- Once complete click "Submit Order." A pop up should appear with confirmation of your request
- If you have multiple maintenance issues of different types please separate them into different requests. Electrical issues and plumbing issues should be submitted in different work order requests
For residents in Gladding Residence Center
All work orders for Gladding Residence Center will need to be submitted to Connect.StudentHousing.com. First time users will need to register by following the instructions below.
- To start the process, visit to Connect.StudentHousing.com
- From the home page, residents should enter their first name, last name, email address and click on “Register” to sign up
- Complete the information — including establishing a password
- Once the form is complete, click “Register”
After a resident is registered, all they will need to do to fill out a work order is visit Connect.StudentHousing.com, enter their first and last name, registered email, date of birth and Student ID (V#).
What is a maintenance emergency?
When a repair is needed immediately to protect the safety of students or the facility, call (804) 828-9444 to report the issue and receive immediate assistance. Emergencies may include active leaks or water running where it shouldn’t; climate control issues, particularly on very hot or very cold days/nights; power outages; broken keys/locks; or broken windows.